LEVEL 5 HIGHER CERTIFICATE: Early Childhood Development
- Develop ECD practitioners (e.g. home-based, centre- and school-based practitioners including Grade R, family and community ECD motivators, fieldworkers, facilitators, trainers and managers) to provide appropriate education, training and development services in the ECD sub-field.
- Enable ECD practitioners to use their knowledge of child growth and development from birth to 6 years and relevant national policies to guide their professional practice in the ECD sub-field.
What do I need to have completed before I can apply to study this course?
- Grade 12, or equivalent qualification
- Level 4 National Certificate in ECD
- Level 4 TVET National Certificate: ECD
- Level 4 National Certificate (Vocational)
How long will it take to complete the qualification?
- 18 months Full-time(4 Days in-service training + 1 day facilitaion)
Where can I study this course?
LEVEL 5 HIGHER CERTIFICATE: Early Childhood Development is only available at:
Mrs Annelie Carstens (Programme Manager)
(T) : (021) 100 3433
(E) : firstname.lastname@example.org
What will I be studying during this course?
- Present information in a public setting
- Apply Workplace Communication Skills
- Mediate active learning in ECD programmes.
- Promote healthy development in ECD programmes.
- Develop and manage the ECD learning programme
- Facilitate a life skills learning programme in the reception year.
- Facilitate a literacy learning programme in the reception year.
- Facilitate a numeracy learning programme in the reception year.
CAREER OPTIONS & GENERAL FAQ's
- Early Childhood Development (ECD) Practitioner
- Reception Year Practitioner (until 2019)
- Trainer at private companies (ECD)
- Early Childhood Development
- ECD community
- Private sector
- ECD sites
- Manage an Early Childhood Development site
- Mentor Level 1 and 4 in-service students in training
- Training Level 1 students for a non-governmental training provider
- Manage and be an educator to a play group
- Take care of children as an Au Pair
- Educate children at an Early Childhood Development Centre
- You can continue your studies in Education at a TVET College, or study towards a specific teaching qualification at an institution of Higher Education, such as a University if you meet their entry requirements.