AUTOCAD INTRODUCTION: 2D PART-TIME STUDIES
What do I need to have completed before I can apply to study this course?
You will need a drawing background of at least the equivalent of N3, or a draughting background in industry.
How long will it take to complete the qualification?
- The course is offered over a period of 40 hours, 2 days per week or 4 hours per week.
- Classes are offered during the evenings: 16:00 to 18:00.
- Enrolment in January, May and September.
Where can I study this course?
(T) : (021) 531 9124
What will I be studying during this course?
- Introduction to AutoCAD 2013
- Organising your drawing setup
- Using coordinate system
- Using object with AutoCAD
- Editing methods in AutoCAD
- Using object snap in AutoCAD
- Controlling the drawing display
- Dimensioning in AutoCAD
- Working with text in AutoCAD
- Hatching in AutoCAD
- Calculating with Auto CAD
- Block and xrefs in AutoCAD
- Plotting a drawing in AutoCAD
CAREER OPTIONS & GENERAL FAQ's
You will have a solid foundation and knowledge on how to use the programme to take them to the next level within the drawing office environment.
- Building Industry
- Local Government (Municipalities)
- Road Construction
- Building Construction
- Architectural Industry
- Any Engineering Field
Complete further courses in AutoCAD and gain experience within industry by applying the skills learnt.