NATIONAL CERTIFICATES N4-N6: Tourism
The Tourism industry is an exciting and fluid one in which students have to be committed, passionate and willing to display excellent customer service skills. A career in Tourism is demanding and requires people with good interpersonal and communication skills, a dedication to quality and good service. Students are thus equipped with the necessary knowledge, practical skills, competence and understanding required for successful employment in the Travel and Tourism industry. These certificates can be converted to a National N-Diploma after 18 months’ industry/practical has been completed and evidence submitted to the Department of Higher Education and Training.
What do I need to have completed before I can apply to study this course?
- Grade 12
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in English
- Prospective students will be required to undergo a placement assessment
How long will it take to complete the qualification?
- 3 Years -18 Months (6 months per level, N4 - N6) + -18 months’ Internship
- Enrolment in January and July
Where can I study this course?
NATIONAL CERTIFICATES N4-N6: Tourism - FULLTIME is available at:
A PART-TIME option is available at:
Ms MELANIE ANTHONY (Programme Manager)
(T) : (021) 462 2053
(E) : email@example.com
What will I be studying during this course?
- Tourist Destinations N4
- Travel Services N4
- Tourism Communication N4
- Travel Office Procedures N4
- Tourist Destinations N5
- Travel Services N5
- Tourism Communication N5
- Travel Office Procedures N5
- Tourist Destinations N6
- Travel Services N6
- Travel Office Procedures N6
- Hotel Reception N6
- Amadeus (this is optional and is not included in the course fee)
- Within Africa Fares and Ticketing
CAREER OPTIONS & GENERAL FAQ's
- Airline Ground Crew
- Car Rental Agents
- Foreign Exchange Agents
- Reservation Agents at Inter-City Coach companies
- Junior Travel Consultants
- Tour Operators
- Tourism Information Officer
- Cruise Consultant
- Front Office/Reservation Officers in the accommodation sector
- You will be equipped with the skills to provide the traveler with excellent customer service and to effectively and efficiently assist clients with reservations, information and assistance to make their travel experience memorable and hassle-free.
- Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- After completing this qualification and achieving the necessary entry requirements at academic level you will be able to continue studying in a Travel and Tourism-related field at an institution specifically focused on education and training for this industry, e.g., at a University of Technology. Students who successfully complete the qualification will also have the option of being awarded with the National Diploma in Tourism once you have completed an 18-month period of work in the industry. This Diploma is awarded by the Department of Higher Education and Training.