NATIONAL CERTIFICATES N4-N6: FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
What do I need to have completed before I can apply to study this course?
• Grade 12 or an equivalent qualification
Candidates who passed Introductory Financial Accounting N4, Accounting Grade 12 or Financial Management L4 will receive preference. An average percentage of 45% or higher will be to the candidate’s advantage (Business Studies and English). The medium of teaching in this course is English and students must be able to speak and write English. Candidates may also be asked to attend an Accounting assessment.
How long will it take to complete the qualification?
- 6 months per level full-time (3 semesters to complete up to N6 level)
- 18 months practical experience
- Enrolment in January and July
What will I be studying during this course?
- Financial Accounting N4
- Computerised Financial Systems N4
- Entrepreneurship N4
- Management Communication N4
- Financial Accounting N5
- Computerised Financial Systems N5
- Entrepreneurship N5
- Cost & Management Accounting N5
- Financial Accounting N6
- Computerised Financial Systems N6
- Entrepreneurship N6
- Cost & Management Accounting N6
CAREER OPTIONS & GENERAL FAQ's
• Accountant for a small firm
• Accounting Technician/Clerk
• Debtors/Creditors Clerk
• Payroll Administrator
• Assistant to a Cost Accountant
• Internal Auditor Clerk
- Financial accounting
- Payroll administration (salaries and wages)
You can work in any industry.
Should you not wish to continue studying once you’ve completed this qualification, you will be able to work towards promotion within your career by working within your field of study and gaining experience within the industry. You would also be able to start and manage your own small business. As with any other career, you would need to work very hard to prove your skills and abilities, be dedicated and be prepared to continue learning throughout your career.